- Prospective resident or residents visit the community.
- Prospective resident then selects his/her apartment.
- Rental rate is determined and agreed upon.
- Move-in packet, including the admission agreement is presented to the new resident.
- Before resident is admitted, all documents must be completed and delivered to Administrator.
- Move-in date is established.
- New resident meets with Administrator to go over and sign administrative documents.
FAQ About Brentwood at Elkhart
What is Independent Living?
Without the burdens of cooking, cleaning and home maintenance, which are handled by our highly-trained and compassionate staff, active seniors may enjoy the “Third Act of Life” fully; pursuing hobbies, continuing to learn, and make a contribution. We offer a vibrant community with planned activities and outings, as well as common areas to facilitate socialization and provide the opportunity to make new friends.
What is the move-in process?
Apartment and move-in process
- Monthly rental rates. No long term leases.
- Rates depend on level of care assessment and choice of apartment. (Please call community for current rates)
- Personal bathroom, kitchenette, individual heat and air controls.
- Family or shared room discounts always available.
- No "Add On" costs. Food, utilities, housekeeping, etc., covered with rent.
- Care plans are updated quarterly or as needed with resident and family input.
Is there a buy-in? Do I have to sign a lease?
There is no buy-in. Brentwood at Elkhart offers a flexible month-to-month lease. The only move-in fee is a one-time, non-refundable community fee of $1650 which is due upon move-in.
Can I keep the same doctor?
Yes. At Brentwood at Elkhart, we encourage continuity in relationships with all healthcare providers and will assist in making appointments and arranging for transportation. If needed, our staff will assist in contacting a new healthcare provider.
Are Pets allowed?
We understand the time-tested connection people have to their pets. Therefore, we do allow pets as long as the resident is able to care for them or arrangements have been made with an outside service to care for the pet. We accept most small pets, and charge a nominal monthly fee to house the pet.